When I think of my favorite makeup – my desert island, must-have, can’t-live-without-it product – I think MAC lipstick. No matter how tired I am or how little time I have to do the rest of my makeup, a swipe of red lipstick will always save the day.
Although I wear a variety of brands, MAC is really a staple in my lipstick collection. The formulas are great and the shade range is massive. Many of their lipsticks have reached cult status and I can see why – when I need a pick-me-up, I find myself turning to the same 5 shades over and over again.
My favorite is usually a red lipstick but really, any of the following lipstick shades make me feel instantly more put together and ready for the day.
To note, I am a nw 25 skintone but many of these lipsticks are famous for their ability to flatter any skintone.
- Twig (satin) – a cool-toned, rosy taupe
- Whirl (matte) – a classic 90’s supermodel brown
- Ruby Woo (retro matte)– vivid, super-matte, cool red.
- Viva Glam (matte) – rich, neutral-toned, brick red.
- Retro (satin) – neutral brown, a little 90s, a little now.
What are your favorite MAC lipsticks? I love discovering new shades – and there are so many “unsung heroes.” Share in the comments below!